flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Building Falcon with Maven
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:09:00 GMT
Hi (especially) Jose,

I was just informed that you are working on making falcon buildable with Maven. First of all
that is great.

But we should coordinate how the artifacts are called.

I could see that your artifacts for the compiler are located in the groupId "org.apache.flex".
You would make things a lot easier if you used "org.apache.flex.compiler" instead. Otherwise
the structure would start getting a little messy. This way all compiler related artifacts
are generated to "org.apache.flex.compiler", all framework related artifacts are generated
to "org.apache.flex.framework". This is also somewhat the structure all maven forms of Flex
have had and I strongly suggest to continue this. Secondly I would suggest to either generate
the artifacts to "org.apache.flex.compiler.falcon" groupId or call the artifact "falcon-compiler"
because the normal FDKs allready have an artifact called compiler.

If you need any help with this work, I'd rather help here than implement a Mavenizer for Falcon
(Which I had allready started working on) ;-)

For example I remember a plugin for downloading and locally deploying a single jar file. This
might be good for the jburg dependency.

Chris