flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache FlexJS 0.0.2 RC1
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:35:59 GMT

IMO there a big gap between what minimally required for a valid release and what is a good
release. A lot of Apache knowledge is not codified into rules or even guidelines.  Please
don't be put off testing a release, you certainly don't have to do everything I put on that
list (and there's a few things I missed). The currently process sort of assumes that if enough
people look at it and test it in different ways then most things will be caught most of the
time. IMO reducing that to a simple script that only checks a few things means we'll miss
stuff. I agree it's a useful tool, but it doesn't replace due diligence when voting on a release.

View raw message