flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject [FlexJS] SVG Question
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:45:55 GMT
I'm developing a PieChart component for FlexJS. I've got a decent start on the ActionScript
version. I want to use SVG for the JavaScript version. From what I can tell, SVG is not supported
at all on IE8. It seems that anyone who really wants to run on IE8 substitutes a bitmap for
the SVG when they detect an IE8 browser.

I'd like to get the community's opinion on this. Should we bother to try to support IE8 (and
any other browser that doesn't support SVG)?

I do understand that there are levels of SVG support; I am hoping basic SVG line drawing and
color-fill are common across modern browsers.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems