flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.2 RC2
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:00:06 GMT

On 6/25/14 8:54 AM, "Justin Mclean" <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:

>> Yes, these files were in the latest Adobe donation.
>Sure but did Adobe have permission or license to use them? They also
>included in a donation to us  playerglobal.swc if I recall :-)
Mistakes have been made in the past (you just found another phone.flv in
the sdk/asdoc for example), but in this case responsible people said Adobe
owned it and could donate it.
>Including people likeness usually requires their express permission
>(depends on location - in US there is more "protection" than say
>Australia) - most often  as a release form.
I believe it is just art and not meant to be a likeness.  The responsible
person at Adobe seemed knowledgable about the rules.

View raw message