flex-dev mailing list archives

From V Chandrasekhar <shake...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Close, But Still Some Problems
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:41:55 GMT
Is there a list anywhere of controls that have already been "ported" to FlexJS?

________________________________
 From: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
To: V Chandrasekhar <shakervc@yahoo.com>; "dev@flex.apache.org" <dev@flex.apache.org>

Cc: Greg Galbreath <greg.galbreath@procure.com>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [FlexJS] Close, But Still Some Problems

Regarding the output path issue, that is just a bug.  It will be fixed in 0.0.2.  If the
app ran, then you have successfully seen FlexJS cross-compile and run MXML and AS without
Flash.  If you want, you can try the release candidate of the Installer 3.1 to install a
FlexJS nightly build of 0.0.2

Regarding skill sets, FlexJS needs all kinds of help from all kinds of people.  We need more
documentation and examples.  We need more components.  We need tests and testers.  Any
little contribution helps and will eventually add up.

I will do my best to work with anyone who has time and energy to contribute.  And the list
of components to be built will be biased toward those who will actually use them.  For example,
Peter and I were discussing today what the next component should be that he writes.  If someone
was actively trying to get a project up and running and said, hey, I need a ColorPicker, or
I need to disable a button, we'd either try to teach you how to write that code or write that
code for you.

-Alex