flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Why does AIR contain flex libs starting from version 4.0
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 19:42:36 GMT

I'm just spending some more time in the AIR mavenizer and have discoverd that AIR used to
consist of max 3 libs up to 4.0 but starting with 4.0 it seems to conatin a lot of stuff oft
he Flex SDK (compc.jar, mxmlc.jar, ...) Why is this so? I also noticed that all others seem
to contain only adt.jar except 2.6 which contains smali.jar and baksmali.jar which seem to
have been introduced in 2.6 but have been moved to android/lib after 2.6.

So would it be safe to assume that the "compiler" artifact for AIR only consists of "adt.jar"?
And if I were to deploy smali.jar and baksmali.jar I should make an exception for 2.6 and
deploy them under "com.adobe.air.compiler.android"? What do I need those two libs for anyway?
As far as I could read it's an Android dalvic assembler/deassembler.