flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: [FDB] Integration
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 12:51:58 GMT
On 29.05.2014 16:29, Frédéric THOMAS wrote:
>> IDE will not set/remove breakpoints per worker, only for all workers,
>> this seems to be what users expect.
> Really ? look at the Java breakpoint window, it allows to set a BP for all threads and
also for a particular thread if I'm not wrong, why not for Flex as it is now possible ? we
don't have the same needs and expetactions than the Java devs ?
In Java you can't select thread for which to set the breakpoint. You can
select what to suspend when breakpoint is hit: affected thread only or
all threads. Translating to Flash it means:
- suspend all threads (default in Java): when breakpoint is hit, iterate
all workers with 'worker X' and send 'halt';
- suspend affected thread only: default fdb behavior.
In Java there's nothing similar to  'set breakpoint for selected thread
only' and I can hardly imagine UI for it.
As a start I think I'll support default fdb behavior, i.e. suspend only
affected worker.

View raw message