flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Installer failure rate is way to high
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 07:25:03 GMT
I think the problems I was having were related to the Website contianing the BlazeDS libs being
insanely slow (Using the browser the page took up to 10 Minutes to show).
This problem should have an effect on any installation. Also have I noticed this poor performance
beeng the regular mode of operation of that server.
We could avoid this problem by releasing Apache BlazeDS and switching to that. The Apache
Servers should be able to handle the load.
Same with some of the libs. I have noticed the Ant scripts download a lot of libs from project-servers.
These tend to go offline now and then. I would suggest to download these from Maven Central
instead, as this will probably even be online after the world explodes ;-)

Chris

Von: omuppi1@gmail.com <omuppi1@gmail.com> im Auftrag von OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosmallm@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 19. Mai 2014 09:18
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Installer failure rate is way to high

Here is the break down for the last 30 days:

 /track-installer.html?label=Apache Flex SDK
4.12.1&version=4.12.1&os=windows
1,458
/track-installer.html?version=4.12.0&os=windows
1,105
*/track-installer.html?failure=true&label=Apache Flex SDK
4.12.1&version=4.12.1&os=windows*
821
/track-installer.html?label=Apache Flex SDK 4.12.1&version=4.12.1&os=mac
505
/track-installer.html?version=4.12.0&os=mac
375
/track-installer.html?version=4.12.1&os=windows
363
*/track-installer.html?failure=true&label=Apache FlexJS
0.0.1&version=0.0.1&os=windows*
350
/track-installer.html?label=Apache FlexJS 0.0.1&version=0.0.1&os=windows
190
/track-installer.html?label=Apache Flex SDK 4.12.0&version=4.12.0&os=windows
98
/track-installer.html?version=4.12.1&os=mac
92
Any ideas how to address this situation?  Should we push a new release with
more tracking (perhaps the install log)?

Thanks,
Om