flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Installer 3.0 Announcement
Date Sat, 03 May 2014 02:26:27 GMT
Hi,

> I"m not sure we should be announcing how to get nightly builds in that
> kind of public forum.

I think telling people to ask on the dev list is fine (but not telling them how to do it in
the announcement). We are probably going to a question or two about how to get them now that
they are no longer visible by default.

The Flex JS and Flex 4.12 SDK error rate > 50% on windows with the new installer btw, with
mac it's 15% (still rather high in my option). It would be nice if we could improve that.
(For FlexJS it's 117 failures/98 success on windows, for 4.12.0 47 failures/46 success on
windows.) Once the new installer is out if the rate holds we be getting 100+ failures a day
and we're still not 100% sure what the issue is on windows - permissions and/or AIR using
IE (and not default browser) to download are possible candidates.

Thanks,
Justin