flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Continuous Integration for Flex (Mobile but not only) apps
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2014 15:11:19 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Great tutorial. Running Flex Cover and especially integrating this into the build is a real
PITA.
Flexmojos (Maven Plugin for building Flex applications) does exactly what you are doing, but
instead of using Ant it uses Maven.
(Ok the order is slightly different and I am currently working on implementing the Mobile
packaging)
Here some special efforts were put into making code-coverage availalbe. Eventually this could
serve as an inspiration to your ANT build.
https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLEXMOJOS/Test+coverage+support

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Tiefenauer [mailto:Daniel.Tiefenauer@crealogix.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 13. April 2014 15:23
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Continuous Integration for Flex (Mobile but not only) apps

Hi folks
I set up a Continuous Integration process for a Mobile app created with Flex/Air. It was not
an easy task for me, because I did this for the first time. Since there may be other people
like me struggling to do the same, I thought it would be worth sharing my experience with
you guys (especially because I got some helpful hints from some of you).

The process involves

*         Compiling the Code...

*         Packaging for Android and iOS...

*         Unit Testing...

*         Creating documentation...

*         Static Code analysis (LOC, languages used, code commentation, ...)

... as well as some things I found useful to know (e.g. handling Native Extensions). Unfortunately
I haven't found a way to check test coverage (FlexCover seems to be outdated somehow), so
if any of you have done this in a similar environment I would be VERY interested to know how
you did it.

I created a documentation where all the steps are thoroughly described, so that even a beginner
(like I was) could do it. You can find it under:
http://www.tiefenauer.info/ci-for-flex-mobile-applications-part-0-the-setup/

If you have any comments or improvements, please do not hesitate to add them under the corresponding
post!

Hope this may help some other poor soul setting up CI for Flex in the future.

Thanks again for your help.

Daniel

PS: I apologize for the bad performance of my blog. It's running on a small NAS and will be
ported to a real server as soon as I have the time and money :)