flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Changes to Mavenizer and Flexmojos to allow deploying Flex SDKs to maven central
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:28:32 GMT
Hi Guys,

I'm currently sitting at the ApacheCon with Alex and weh ad a long discussion on how we could
make it possible to release Flex SDKs to Maven Central. We have come up with a solution all
should be happy with.

The core of this would be to strip out any dependency to playerglobal and airglobal and to
introduce new dependencies in GroupId org.apache.flex.thirdparty which are called "flashplayer.swc"
and "airruntime.swc" which simply contains a 1 byte dummy swc which maven automatically uses.

In flexmojos I would add a new mojo in the prepare phase of maven which checks which version
of flashplayer.swc or airruntime.swc is referenced and check if "com.adobe.flashplayer.framework:playerglobal:{playerVersion}:swc"
exists. I it doesn't it outputs the license agreement and asks the user to accept this. If
he acccepts, the file is downloaded and deployed to "com.adobe.flashplayer.framework:playerglobal:{playerVersion}:swc"
in the users local maven repository. As a last step the mojo adds a dependency to the build
and coninues as usual.

With these changes, we should be able and allowed to publish Apache Flex SDKs to maven central.

If you have objections ... object fast as I'm going to start working on this right away ;-)