flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Build Servers
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:32:58 GMT
I guess my question is: what are the tradeoffs of getting a flex-only CI
server on my Azure VM vs relying on Apache?

At Apache, we keep seeing other projects have build issues and require
configuration changes that block us.  And as Om just pointed out, once
Infra has some other fire to fight, we can't get any support from them.  I
keep thinking it will be less total energy to use a Flex-only Azure VM.

On 4/17/14 11:26 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski
>> I was talking to some of the people at a.o. infra on IRC and they
>> that they have a new Windows VM that they launched for CI services...
>> are looking for people to help them test it out and get it setup.  Do we
>> have any interest in that?  They would like to get this setup to help
>> some of the issues with the current instability of the Windows CI server
>> that is out there.  They are offering direct access to the slave
>>servers, I
>> believe.
>> The contact is gmcdonald.  He can be reached at builds@a.o.
>Yes, I am in the thread with Gavin on builds@a.o.  I popped into IRC last
>night, they were firefighting the CMS issue, so couldn't start the
>conversation with him.  I am planning to volunteer my time to help with
>> -Nick

View raw message