flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: [LAZY] Apache Flex and 360|Flex shirts
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:12:32 GMT

  The call to support the Apache Foundation is great; and a very good
reminder for us all.  In case it was not clarified to others reading
this; I thought it should be clarified that Apache does not accept
donations for any specific project.  However, the Apache Flex project
makes use of quite a bit of Apache architecture so any donations to the
Apache foundation will, indirectly, help Apache Flex.

   That said..

On 4/15/2014 12:17 AM, Alex Harui wrote:
> And there is a similar need for a change in the economics for the 360|Flex
> conference.  It will likely continue to be the only Flex-only conference
> and one of the few times you can discuss things with me in person.  If you
> can't attend, and just want to watch the session videos, you might want to
> donate some money to the conference organizer to help offset his costs.

  I love John to death; and have enjoyed my visits to various 360
conference events.  However I think 'donation' is the wrong word here.
I would never rally people to donate money to a for-profit business.

  It is up to the "For-profit-business" to figure out how to deliver the
services that people want at an price point they are willing to pay.

  If you want to support 360|Flex / 360|Conferences then buy a ticket.
Obligatory link so folks can register if they wish: http://www.360flex.com/

> To continue to motivate the conference organizer to host
> these conferences, it is best to actually attend.

> This year, I'm only
> doing one session on FlexJS so I should have time to discuss it or any
> other Flex thing before or after.  If you need to justify the cost to your
> manager, not only will you learn about FlexJS and how it might protect
> your current investment in Flex, but I am going to reserve some time slots
> for folks to sign up to have me try to help them with whatever nasty Flex
> problem you might have.

  I will be giving a presentation on AngularJS for Flex Developers; on
one of the few "non-Flex" talks at the conference.

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

View raw message