flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Be distribution friendly
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:58:09 GMT
On The ApacheCon Barcamp we were discussing that some projects would really like to make it
easier for users to install their projects.
It seems that my comment on us having implemented an Ant based installer for Flex has astonished
quite a lot of people. Perhaps we should share this feature with other Apache Projects ...
there seems to be a demand for something like this.

Chris

Von: Tom Chiverton <tc@extravision.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. April 2014 14:15
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Be distribution friendly

On 15/04/14 12:13, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> I plan to package flex for debian.
Awesome ! One of the reasons I wanted to test the new Ant-based
installer for this was it would greatly simplify doing this.
You could potentially do what the Flash plugin installer does, and popup
a message asking to agree to the terms.
If the Debian package depended on ant and the JVM, then you'd be able to
execute the install task on behalf of the user easily.

Tom