flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Table Cell Composition
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2014 09:42:25 GMT
While working on TLF tables, I came to the conclusion that the simplest way to handle the composition
is to create a separate TExtFlow for each cell in a table. The reason for this being that
the composition of each cell is in fact completely separate from the composition of the main
text, and by separating it, we can compose all the cells before starting composition of the
table. Once the cells are composed, composing the table is very straight-forward because we
are dealing with known sizes.

I think each cell would have its own EditManager, but share an UndoManager with the main text.

Does anyone have any concerns with this approach?

Also: I'd like to reuse the composed cells of header and footer cells. I'm not sure exactly
where the text content is actually drawn. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Harbs