flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: [DISCUSSION] Release Apache Flex FlexUnit 4.2.0 RC2
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:03:46 GMT
>Sadly I can't even get at the original source code to compare now vs then as it look like
Adobe removed it from source forge. There's only a binary download.

The plot thickens.

I went through old emails like an auditor and found a bit more detail. The original code was
committed by Xavi Beumala in April 30th of 2009. It wasn't committed to an Adobe repo at all.
It was committed to the skunkWorks folder of Fluint, which is where I was doing active development
before FlexUnit 4 was a thing.

Some of the files had no license when committed, others were BSD and others were MIT. Before
we released, there was a discussion with Elizabeth Hewitt, at the time Corporate Counsel at
Adobe, regarding the licensing. The decision was made to make it BSD and Simeon Bateman and
I updated the headers files to add the Adobe copyright and the BSD header consistently before
committing them to GitHub.

There never was a code version of the flexunit ui in the Adobe open SVN, only the binary as
we were uploading releases there at Adobe's request. Active development occurred in Github.

I am not weighing in on what we need to do to clear this, just trying to give as much history
as I can so we can make the appropriate choice,

View raw message