flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Flex SDK for development
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 06:03:35 GMT
Hi,

> FWIW, the downside to making the repo into an IDE-compatible SDK,
> regardless of how you do it, is that you've mixed in a lot more non-Apache
> code so you have to be careful about the content of your patches and
> checkins.  However, it is way easier to do most changes in an IDE
> compatible SDK and I'd guess many folks are doing it that way.

This is how I do and there's very little risk that you'll check in something you shouldn't.

Also you can go to each project (in frameworks) and compile via ant when testing which make
for a much quicker workflow when fixing bugs.

Most IDEs have support for ant as well so you may not need to do anything via the command
line if you that's your choice.

Thanks,
Justin