flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FDK 4.12.0] - wrong info in flex-config.xml about RSL
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:44:06 GMT
First make sure you've looked at the presentation here:

A shared code module is a module that contains classes used by other
modules that is loaded after the application starts but before those other
modules are loaded.  Getting the correct set of classes can be tricky, but
it should provide the optimal load time vs bringing in every class in an
RSL just in case and before the application starts.

On 3/25/14 6:27 AM, "Jagan Langa Sami Durai" <jagan.s@sybrant.com> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>I'm really interested to know more about the "shared code module", can you
>point me in right direction to know more about this option?
>*Regards,S. Jagan  Langa*
>> On 3/23/14 11:27 PM, "Jagan Langa Sami Durai" <jagan.s@sybrant.com>
>> >Hi All,
>> >
>> >Yes, I'm Aware of that Apache RSL's are not signed. But, one of our
>> >product
>> >have 1 main application, 8 sub modules, 9 * 1 style module and 9 * 5
>> >resource modules. user may visit any module at any time in any locale.
>> >our client want to support more locale and wanted to have more
>> >(style modules) options as user preference. and eventually that product
>> >will grow further with new modules. So we prefer RSL instead of binding
>> >the
>> >same core classes into all the modules and make them fat.
>> OK. Keep in mind that using the RSL is not optimal.  It will take more
>> time to configure, but you could create a shared code module and have a
>> more optimal setup.
>> -Alex

View raw message