flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Release Apache Flex FlexUnit 4.2.0 RC2
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:00:52 GMT
I am, of course, not a lawyer, nor an expert on these matter.

IMO, the key question is whether any Adobe employee wrote any code that
got donated to Apache that is not available on Open@Adobe.  A secondary
question is whether any code that is on Open@Adobe that has an Adobe
copyright can be in the Apache Flex repo.

All of the FlexUnit code on Open@Adobe appears to be under BSD.
Therefore, two scenarios are "ok"
1) The code on Open@Adobe is being used without modification
2) The code was modified by DP folks.

If (1) the code should really get downloaded from Open@Adobe instead of
being in our repo.
If (2) the code can be in our repo and the NOTICE and LICENSE need to be

It is important to verify that the copyright license text is not MPL.
Different rules apply there.
And we need to double check on whether the header can be replaced or not.

On 3/24/14 3:38 PM, "Michael A. Labriola" <labriola@digitalprimates.net>

>>Are we talking about a single file here?
>No, we are talking about the code in the tag below:
><Adobe:TestRunnerBase />
>Which resides here:
>It was originally written (at least primarily) by Alex Uhlmann for
>FlexUnit .9. Here is a reference to one of the classes in the original
>form in github:
>For what it's worth, the UIListener is separate from the FlexUnit 4 core
>and related tech. It's just a UI for people running FlexUnit outside of
>Flash Builder/IntelliJ and outside of a CI environment. If needed, we
>could lose it to move things forward.

View raw message