flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: print issues FLEX-23252 and FLEX-13628 was [REQUEST] tutorial....
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2014 19:06:16 GMT
What does your renderer code look like?  If the height of the Label cannot be completely determined
from the explicitWidth of the renderer, then measuredHeight will not compute correctly.

-Alex

From: Marcus Fritze <marcus.fritze@googlemail.com<mailto:marcus.fritze@googlemail.com>>
Date: Friday, March 14, 2014 10:06 AM
To: "dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>" <dev@flex.apache.org<mailto:dev@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: print issues FLEX-23252 and FLEX-13628 was [REQUEST] tutorial....

Thanks for your question.

I attached a image to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-13628

In the AdvancedDataGridBaseEx.as Line 3056 the item.getExplicitOrMeasuredHeight() is every
time 20.

So when you look at my example image, the Label in the ItemRenderer has 2 lines. But the calculated
20 is only correct, when the Label has 1 line.

I really have no idea and of course not that experience in the "Flex internal functions",
but I think the setupRendererFromData function in the AdvancedDataGridBaseEx.as doesn't "create"
a correct ItemRenderer with the correct sizes. Especially when ItemRenderer has a Label with
variable multiline data.

In this setupRendererFromData function we set the explicitWidth for the ItemRenderer, but
it seems that the text-calculating of the Label (in the function createTextLinesFromTextBlock
Label.as 904) inside this ItemRenderer uses still the maxWidth = 10000 as innerWidth when
calculating the height.

I am also wondering that a lot of explicitHeight and measuredHeight values are NaN in and
after running the setupRendererFromData function. So maybe the ItemRenderer is not setup correctly?
Really, I have no clue.