flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC7
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:01:51 GMT
When I looked back when we were in the incubator, no code from
playerglobal was being linked in.  That was important to being able to
call it a build tool instead of a required dependency.

Maybe Adobe just pushes the playerglobal.swc when they slipstream a player
update.  At least, that's my guess of what happened in this case.

On 3/11/14 9:52 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> I thought byte code from playerglobal did not actually get linked into
>> SWF.
>Think there some code that does. Can't recall exactly what but the was a
>thread about it way back on this mailing list.
>>  Actually, that's sort of important from a dependencies point of
>> view.  What are the other differences, if any, between these
>In this case I sorted the swfdumps and did a diff and it only tells me
>that the debug password and build date had changed.
>Only Adobe would know (and they don't even announce when it changes as
>far as I know).  I'd assume it would be security patch related.
>I usually pick up that it's changed as the MD5 hashes no longer match.

View raw message