flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject [FlexJS] FDT responds to latest developments
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:32:50 GMT

I just got a response to my earlier bump to the FDT devs (in <comment>
below). Maybe someone can address these points, as I'm not familiar with
the FlexJS SDK construction by the Installer, nor the inner workings of the
AS side of the FlexJS SDK...

Hi Erik de Bruin,

I was able to create the FlexJS SDK.
Also I was able to create a test project DataBindingTest.
and it compiled into some java script code.

Two points about the FlexJS:
FDT is using internally the compiler.jar of any Flex SDK.
The compiler.jar of the Flex JS SDK asks for some locals
I copied them by hand into he Flex JS SDK so that the compilation runs
I think it would be the best if your installer also copy these files and so
creates a normal functional Flex SDK so that the debug session for Flex JS
not differ from normal Action Script Session with SWFs. This will make the
adaption far more easier.

Another point is this exception of the generated SWF during a debug

  Exception fault: ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property updateParent not
found on mx.binding.PropertyWatcher and there is no default value.
        at _MyInitialViewWatcherSetupUtil/setup()
        at MyInitialView()[C:\Work\runtime-New_configuration-
        at DataBindingTest/_DataBindingTest_MyInitialView1_c()
        at DataBindingTest()[C:\Work\runtime-New_configuration-

Maybe you can give a hint to solve this issue.

Stephanie Swiderski

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht