flex-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: Draft email to committers
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 01:07:45 GMT
On 3/16/2014 9:28 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Jeffry if you're still against this and there's no word changes that make it acceptable
to you I'll give up and move onto something else.
  The wording is much better and less confrontational.

  I still have reservations about the need for an email like this. If
committers are engaged in the project and actively working on things;
they already know everything in the letter.
  If they aren't--for whatever reason--sending the letter is not going
to change their priorities or other commitments.
  It may make them feel guilty for not devoting enough time to their
volunteer efforts on Apache Flex.
  My interpretation of "The Apache Way" is to lead by example.  This
email is too close to nagging for my tastes, and I don't think it should
be signed by the "Apache Flex PMC Team"; as I don't believe we should be
pro-actively nagging committers in an formal way.

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur

View raw message