flex-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Chiverton ...@extravision.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Flex 4.12.0 RC4
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:56:37 GMT
On Linux (Ubuntu 13.10, 32bit, Java 1.7, Player 11.2) I've tested
downloading the binary tar.gz and the MD5 matches.

The Ant-based installer produces an SDK that compiles our app fine from
the command line.

On 03/03/14 22:37, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a  Apache Flex 4.12.0 release candidate 4. Please see the RELEASE_NOTES and the
> Changes from RC3 are minimal and include:
> - Fixed iOS/iPad simulator dpi issue
> - Changes to installers config file
> - Minor changes to README and RELEASE_NOTES
> - Fixed FLEX-34124 which was causing a RTE with Callouts
> There is a known bug in Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 and 4.7 that causes a issue when creating
new applications.
> Adobe has provided a work around for FB 4.7 but not for 4.6.
> The release candidate can be found here;
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/sdk/4.12.0/rc4/
> Before voting please review the section,"What are the ASF requirements on approving a
release?", at:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
> At a minimum you would be expected to check that:
> - MD5 and signed packages are correct
> - README, RELEASE_NOTES, NOTICE and LICENSE files are all fine
> - That you can compile from source package
> - That the SDK can be used in your IDE of choice
> - That the SDK can be used to make a mobile, desktop and browser application
> When testing please check the md5 and asc files and make sure that the source can be
> Please vote to approve this release:
> +1 Approve the release
> -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments to why)
> This vote will be open for 72 hours or until a result can be called.
> The vote passes if there is:
> - At least 3 +1 votes from the PMC
> - More positive votes than negative votes
> If you find an issue with the release that's a "show stopper" please don't hold off voting
-1. If someone votes -1 please continue testing we want to try and catch as many issues as
we can and cut down on the number of release candidates. Remember existing voters can change
their vote during the voting process.
> People who are not in PMC are also encouraged to test out the release and vote, although
their votes will not be binding, they can influence how the PMC votes.