flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Flex on Windows 8
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:26:17 GMT
So would you say it's safe to Claim that Flex runs on Windows Platforms (Desktop, Tablet &
Mobile) or could some smart-ass-listeners rip me to pieces at the ApacheCon?

Von: flex@dfguy.us <flex@dfguy.us>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. März 2014 12:58
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Flex on Windows 8

So windows 8 tablets that have desktop mode can essentially run the full flash player and
AIR. No wimpy mobile OS and junk mobile browser. So full hardware acceleration in flash player
and no strange "mobile" version of Flash player etc.

The devices are also getting fast enough now that I don't think performance is a problem.
My daughter was playing a flex based math game full of animations on a lenovo think pad tablet
the other day without issues at all.