flex-dev mailing list archives

From f...@dfguy.us
Subject Re: Flex on Windows 8
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:58:39 GMT
So windows 8 tablets that have desktop mode can essentially run the full flash player and AIR.
No wimpy mobile OS and junk mobile browser. So full hardware acceleration in flash player
and no strange "mobile" version of Flash player etc.

The devices are also getting fast enough now that I don't think performance is a problem.
My daughter was playing a flex based math game full of animations on a lenovo think pad tablet
the other day without issues at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>
To: "dev@flex.apache.org" <dev@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 6:08 AM
Subject: Flex on Windows 8

I have to admit that currently I'm a Little confused about Flash and Windows 8 ... what is
the current Status here?

As far as I could Google, a Flashplayer is available for Windows 8. Is this still correct?
Then also the Captive Runtime should be available ...

I thought (sperdupercool) thing with Windows 8 is that you have the same platform from Mobile
to Desktop ... so is is possible to use Flash on Windows 8 Mobile Phones and Tablets?