flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: ApacheCon Slides
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:30:11 GMT
Page 6:  "Eclipse-based IDE" => not only (IDEA, FlashDevelop, etc..)

Overall, the impression it gave me is that it's not describing "what's happening in Apache
Flex Project", but rather an advertisement to attract new developers by telling them
"Hey, there is not only AS in Flex, there are also other technologies, Java, Maven, so don't
be afraid to come help us".

Should we be ashamed of Flex being Flex, ActionScript and Flash ?

I think there is a major problem with these slides, starting from page 1:
"Flex without Flash"
"Flash based solutions no longer desirable".

For many people people Flex ==  Flash.   So if you say "flash is not desirable anymore", they
will understand Flex is not desirable anymore.
I don't think this is what we are want.

Sorry for being harsh, but I think we have had enough with Steve Jobs and Abobe PR.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Envoyé : lundi 24 mars 2014 21:03
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : ApacheCon Slides

ApacheCon required that we upload our slide decks by today.  I just posted my slides.  If
you have time, please take a look and let me know if you think I should make changes.  The
FlexJS session is essentially the same as the 360|Stack presentation from last year.

What's Happening in the Apache Flex Project http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/ApacheCon14_Fle

FlexJS: Flex For javaScript:

View raw message