flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC4
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 21:48:27 GMT
Om, can you try installing using ant install script, to see it's the installer code, or maybe
a firewall setting or something.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : omuppi1@gmail.com [mailto:omuppi1@gmail.com] De la part de OmPrakash Muppirala
Envoyé : jeudi 6 mars 2014 21:16
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 3.0 - RC4

I tested the RC4 today.

Problem 1:
Tried testing the Installer exe without changing any settings (dev builds or cache): Flex
SDK 4.11.0/AIR 13.0Beta/FP 13.0.  The installation failed on 3 different attempts at the same
step every time - Download SWFObject.

It seems to download the file swfobject_2_2.zip from:
http://swfobject.googlecode.com/files/ fine, but fails after the download.
Here is the log:

Version 3.0.0 (windows)
Using Locale:en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
AIR version 13.0
Flash Player version 13.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the reference. The file
is valid.
Finished uncompressing:
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from:
Finished uncompressing:
Installing Adobe Flash Player playerglobal.swc from:
Installing frameworks configuration files configured for use with an IDE Downloading swfobject_2_2.zip
from: http://swfobject.googlecode.com/files/
Download complete
Downloading OSMF.swc from:
Unable to download SWFObject
Installation aborted

Seems serious enough to take a look at it.

Problem 2:
On first load, the app gets positioned near the left edge of the screen, then a second later,
it moves to center of the screen.  It is quite jarring an experience.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 3/4/14 1:30 AM, "Maurice Amsellem" <maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:
> >>In theory, only followers of the dev list should know how view the
> >>dev builds, so making a button on the main screen doesn't seem right.
> >Yes, but the information that dev builds are accessible from the
> >right click is not easily accessible to occasional testers.
> >You have to search in the dev list for this info. Not easy.
> I guess in the future we should remember to remind people in the vote
> or discussion thread to right-click.  Having an "Advanced Options"
> sort of invites folks to look there, so I wouldn't want to do that.
> Having some sort of "Developers-Only" might be ok.  Either way,
> changing the main screen is more than I want to do since I have zero
> design skills.  I think we should ship Installer 3.0 RC4 and someone
> else is welcome to add these usability suggestions to the next
> version.  I think all of the other suggestions are good.  I'd be 80%
> sure we'll find some bug in the ant_on_air code since that's pretty
> new and there will be one more installer release, or maybe folks will
> contribute new languages or fill in some missing strings in the existing languages.
> -Alex

View raw message