flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: [DRAFT 2] Apache Flex March 2014 Report
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:56:04 GMT
Minor spelling:
Improvements To => improvement to (small caps)
Swiz donation :  the donator has not fil(l)ed the paperwork  ?

Regarding the raised vs. fixed bugs, I have counted 256 updated tickets ( 143 created tickets
) in the last 90 days.

Otherwise, looks good to me.

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 5 mars 2014 08:15
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : [DRAFT 2] Apache Flex March 2014 Report

Here is draft 2 based on some feedback.  Thanks to the reviewersŠ

-Alex

-------------
Apache Flex is an application framework for easily building Flash-based applications for mobile
devices, the browser and desktop.

RELEASES
-Apache Flex SDK 4.11.0 was released on 10/28/13.
-Voting is in progress for SDK 4.12.0
-Apache Flex Installer 2.7.0 was also released on 10/28/13.
-Voting is also in progress for Installer 3.0.0 which has the new capability to use Ant script
syntax to drive the install process.

ACTIVITY
Activity in Apache Flex continues to be in  two main areas:  improvements To the existing
Adobe Flash Platform-dependent code base, including the releases listed above, and prototyping
ways to create a version of Flex that is independent from the Adobe Flash Platform.  There
is another group working on Maven-related tools for the existing code base.

In the past three months we've seen:
- Continued JIRA activity (more bugs raised than resolved however)
- More committers becoming active again.
- Fewer new folks contributing and eventually becoming committers.

Other highlights:
-Over 70 bugs have been fixed in 4.12.0.
-Three committers will be giving presentations on Flex at ApacheCon 2014.

Code Donation Update
-FlexUnit was donated but has yet to be formulated into a release.
-Swiz donation is still pending.  The donator has not filed the paperwork.
-BlazeDS donation paperwork was submitted but the code is not yet in the repo because it was
discovered that some pieces were missing.  We hope to get the missing pieces soon.  The missing
pieces are stuck in IP review at Adobe.

COMMUNITY
-One person who has been helpful on the mailing list and in JIRA was  invited as a committer
and declined.
-No other candidates for new committer or promotions of committers to PMC  in this reporting
period.
-A non-committer claims to be starting on a book about Apache Flex.
-Latest analytics include over 3000 hits per day on the website during the  work week (less
on weekends).
-There were more than 14,000 installs of 4.11.0 since its release.
-It feels like there is more interest from users based on activity on users@.
-Slight decrease in activity-level and number of committers woring on SDK repo  but more activity
and committers working on FlexJS.
-Several Apache Flex committers will be presenting at the 360 Flex conference  in May

TRADEMARKS
-The new version of Flex is going to be called FlexJS.  We have begun  associating the TM
symbol with FlexJS per advice from trademarks@ -This site is hopefully in compliance with
Apache trademark policy  http://www.madeinflex.com/terminos-legales/

INFRASTRUCTURE
* I'm still hoping to find time to resolve INFRA-4380 (attachments in old Flex bugs).