flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FLEX-34070
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 01:12:15 GMT
I'm sorry I don't remember the actual history.  I'm trying to understand
how making a mistake in the -template files is more likely to happen or
less likely to be caught when making the RC.  When you make a full RC, at
least the flex-config.xml is used to compile the binary release.

I find myself doing 'git checkout' on these four files pretty often.  I
would much prefer to save that time and try to somehow validate the config

On 2/5/14 3:59 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>OK I believe the issue was than between making a build and zipping it up
>for a release it's possible that something else can change those files
>(ide scripts for instance). If the files are in git ignore you have no
>way of knowing that they have been changed and then release something
>that is not correct.
>May or may not be an issue for the source release (as they would be
>regenerated if ant was run but the files don't represent what would be
>generated but may match what has been tagged) but it would certainly be
>an issue for the binary release (which the installer uses).
>If you make a mistake with the template files and didn't notice it and it
>produces a bad config file you could also create a RC thinking it was OK.
>This has bitten up once before and caused an entire release candidate to
>be scrapped - that's a lot of wasted effort and time.  Please don't add
>them to git ignore.

View raw message