flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] SVG based TextButton and example checked in
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:32:49 GMT
1. I can add a file copy pass to the publish operation of the compiler
easily enough, but we need to discuss the best option:
  - copy all 'non-JS and non-CSS' files, whether or not they are actually
  - copy only the files that belong to classes that are actually used
(would require strict naming convention and some compiler intelligence)
  - pass in the files to copy as a compiler argument (that's going to get
unpractical really, really quickly)

2. I can help with the Closure JS stuff. Do you have an example where you
are "nearly there"?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:05 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala

> I just checked an updated version of the SVG/JS based TextButton
> component.  A lot of things work as I expected.  The skin looks exactly
> like the Spark button skin, the button is positioned and sized correctly,
> etc.  They work with Firefox,Chrome and IE10.  A few outstanding issues are
> there that I would like to get some info/suggestions on:
> 1.  When I compile the app using FlexJS build, the directory with the SVG
> skins do not get copied over into the bin/js-* directory.  For example, in
> the SDK, the SVG files are here:
> -frameworks\js\FlexJS\src\org\apache\flex\svg\staticControls\TextButton.js
> -frameworks\js\FlexJS\src\org\apache\flex\svg\staticControls\skins
> --frameworks\js\FlexJS\src\org\apache\flex\svg\staticControls\skins\TextButtonSkin.svg
> How do I force the compiler to copy the skins directory as well to the
> output directories?
> Note, that when I copy them over manually after the build is done,
> everything works fine.
> 2.  I have built a primitive event passing mechanism with my SVG skins.  I
> would like some suggestions on how to wire it up with FlexJS's event
> model.
> Where is the code that attaches event handlers to buttons?  Any chance I
> can get a handle to this event handler function inside TextButton.js?  I
> need this because I want to inject it as into the SVG skin.
> Background:  When using an SVG in an embed directive, the SVG document eats
> all the mouse events.  So, I am passing event handlers into the SVG
> document (from the parent) which can then be called from within the
> document itself.
> 3.  Now that we have JS side looking like a (spark) Flex button, perhaps we
> can make the AS side look the same?  Any ideas of adding FXG support to the
> AS side?  What would be the best way to approach this?
> Thanks,
> Om

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27