flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache 4.12 RC
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:11:43 GMT

> This still seems funny to me.  Why should a generated file be in version
> control?

So you can see that it has changed and more importantly what's changed inside it. That way
you can instantly see that a release candidate is broken without have to run extra tests (manual
or otherwise).

This has already caused one RC to be scrapped and it was only luck I managed to pick up the
issue(s) with this one.

Also from a quick look both 4.10 and 4.11 releases - both have similar issues and no one noticed.
eg look at the Version.as file in both or do a mxmlc -version

If it's in a release package there probably an Apache obligation to have it under version
control as well - although that may be a bit of a grey area if it a generated file.

View raw message