flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Installer] Version UI for other packages
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:37:24 GMT
Hi,

> If we dont have more people testing it, we cannot make a release.
Any committer can make a release it just require 3 +1 votes from the PMC to be official.

> I don't want to release that has not been reasonably tested.
In that case we shouldn't be making available it to the general public.

Why not make and vote on a an alpha release? This nothing to say that a alpha release has
to be perfect. In fact the expectation would be that it still needs work and is relatively
untested/has bugs etc etc

Seems to me we using the installer to avoid making official Apache releases. As the pages
says "If this policy seems inconvenient, then release more often." We've gone more than a
year without having a single release in this area. Making official releases more often (even
if they are alphas/betas) gets people involved and shows progress.

Thanks,
Justin