flex-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Burrows <subscripti...@leeburrows.com>
Subject Re: FLEX-34070
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 23:08:14 GMT
Indeed; i have my interested-user hat on rather than my thats-my-patch
hat ;)

Looks like Justin added flex-config.xml with the reasoning: "File in
source release should be under version control", so a precedent has been
set.

On 05/02/2014 22:59, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
> Agree, but let's see what others will say.
>
> Maurice

them only for them to be overwritten by the build

> On 05/02/2014 22:43, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
>> I have reviewed and committed  FLEX-34070 patch
>>
>> Little question:
>> flex-config.xml, air-config.xml and airmobile-config.xml are not in .gitignore, although
they are generated by the build, from template files.
>> Is that ok ?
>>
>> If it's ok, then maybe I should update them with more recent version of FP (eg 11.9)
and recommit ?

>> Maurice

fixed and there's only a few committers who are actively fixing bugs. While everyone is free
to do what they want to do on a project (including nothing) being a committer does mean you
have a responsibility to the current users of the software.[1]  If all of the current committer
fixed only a single bug a month we would outstrip the number of bugs being raised.

>> There are some bugs with patches that would be simple to apply and test - for instance
this one re the new installer script:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34070
>>
>> Also remember we need help from users as well - confirming that a bug exits is helpful
and would get the bug noticed. Supplying patches to bugs is also one way to become a committer.

>> If you're looking for something to fix and don't know where to start the "easytest"[2]
or "easyfix"[3]  bugs are a good place to find easy to solve bugs.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter