flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: MX DataGrid not compatible with Spark Skin?
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 23:23:48 GMT
>TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
>mx.collections::ArrayList@d6724d9 to
>mx.controls.dataGridClasses.DataGridColumn.

Based on your error message it looks like the way you are trying to provide the columns to
the DataGrid.

I didn't see you post that code at all. If you did, I would likely be able to say so with
certainty.

If I had to take a guess, you put your columns in an ArrayList and tried to pass them to the
columns property of the mx:DataGrid. The mx:DataGrid wants an Array of columns, it didn't
understand array lists, however, the compiler was kind enough to take whatever you put in
that property and wrap it in an Array. So, my guess is that you are ultimately passing it
an Array, with an ArrayList in it, with Columns in that. The code, opens up the Array and
assumes it should have a column, but has your array list:

Example from the help docs:

<mx:DataGrid>
    <mx:columns>
        <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="Album"/>