flex-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael A. Labriola" <labri...@digitalprimates.net>
Subject RE: Apache Flex Examples
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 01:20:30 GMT
>Here is the thing though -- it's not a "us vs. them" type of situation.  We are all Apache
(including the community).  The trademark group within the Apache Foundation is there to protect
us.  Please see it that way.  >We live in a litigious world and we all need to realize
that.

I don't want to wade too deeply into this without reading everything else, but keep one more
thing in mind too. Apache doesn't just protect us; they also protect the people that use Flex.
One of the reasons corporations, even those that don't normally allow much open source, often
allow Apache projects is that they believe in Apache's process. They believe Apache projects
do the diligence to ensure there aren't code and trademark violations which could be a problem
for the Corporation in the future. It makes them feel safe in using this project.

Just my addition,
Mike