flex-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Gritsch <markus_grit...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Installer] Try the new installer
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:50:52 GMT
Hi,
The installer was working as expected - Flex-SDK, Flex-JS! Of course there is the certificate
problem, so you have to uninstall the previous installer first. The installation of Falcon
and FalconJX - both nightly, requiring FLEX_HOME variable set. I`m on a mac here. Before the
installation I checked FLEX_HOME - defined in .profile. Well this means the variable is just
available for the console, not for GUI based Apps. I tried to fix this by setting the variable
globally in /etc/launchd. Now launchctl shows this global variable, too - but the installation
process gets aborted all the time.

In my opinion the installation process has to detect the environment variables in a different
way! You can not expect that a user knows the difference between local and global environment
varable definitions. At least I have not used them before, because there was no need for.

Cheers,

Markus