flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: FDB vs FB debugging ?
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:37:06 GMT
"in my understanding FB uses the same low-level (protocol) code as FDB,
but a bit different high-level wrapper. Since FB is not open-sourced I
don't know what is the difference."

Yeah, probably the reason why it doesn't take the "-include-file" compiler arguments into
account which sucks :)
Even worse for the "-output" argument where it spit out an error even from a xml config file
which make impossible to rename the built swf.
Happily, it works perfectly with IJ :)

Btw, another point, I wrote something on the Jetbrains dev already but:

Is it in your plan to add RSL support into IntelliJ ?

I mean extract the swf from the swc to a user location and compute digest as does the RSLMojoCreator
class from flexmojos.
This lack of feature force us to build via maven only or to have a profile where everything
is merged into memory extending the compilation time a lot.
Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:37:24 +0400
> From: alexander.doroshko@jetbrains.com
> To: dev@flex.apache.org
> Subject: Re: FDB vs FB debugging ?
>
> Hi,
> in my understanding FB uses the same low-level (protocol) code as FDB,
> but a bit different high-level wrapper. Since FB is not open-sourced I
> don't know what is the difference.
>
> I recommend you to try using FDB from Adobe AIR SDK bundle that includes
> ASC 2.0. FDB tool bundled there is very much different from what is in
> the Apache Flex SDK and it usually works better. You do not have to
> switch your project to AIR SDK in IntelliJ, it is enough to configure
> AIR SDK in Project Stucture | SDKs and select it in 'Use debugger from
> SDK' field in the Flash App Run Configuration dialog (Run | Edit
> Configurations).
>
> If you have time to debug FDB tool itself - it is rather easy to do.
> I've uploaded IntelliJ IDEA project files to
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08iHspLVQF0bUI3NF8xd2NLNVE/edit?usp=sharing.
>
> You need to have Apache Flex SDK built locally from sources, because my
> project structure is not 'fair' - it relies on some jars that are built
> during standard SDK build process by ant.
> Unpack attached zip in the 'sdk' root repository folder and open the
> project in IntelliJ IDEA. There's already DebugCLI run configuration
> created, so just click Debug button, after compilation you'll get fdb
> greeting in the Debug tool window.
>
> Alexander
>
> On 14.01.2014 22:18, Frédéric THOMAS wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm facing an issue using IntelliJ or FDB directly to debug multi-module projects
then tried with FB and had no problems, maybe someone can enlighten me regarding the differences,
basically, the issue is that I can't set a breakpoint in a module, these are the returned
messages "Breakpoint not set; no executable code at line" or "There is no executable code
on the specified line" :