flex-dev mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject FDB has old code ?
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:43:47 GMT
Hi,

I noticed some old code, unused code path, old coding pratices in FDB and more important,
it is very slow relative to the FB debugging experience (FDB: 1mn30s FB: 8s on my large company
app to stop at the 1st breakpoint set in my runtime module), after a talk with Alexander and
having dug into the code and done some experiments, I would conclude the waitForMetaData()
function is not needed anymore, this function basically was waiting until each swf was loading
info.isPopulated() up to 80 * 250ms = ~20s to be sure the metadata of the Function infos have
been processed, from my experiements, there's no needs anymore for such a wait, somewhere
else in the code, I can read, "if we are a avm+ engine then we don't wait for the swd to load"
and "added by mmorearty on 9/5/05 for RSL debugging" in DManager.java when getting the Message
DMessage.InSwfInfo it considers the swf is completely loaded info.setPopulated();

I don't pretend to understand everything in those classes but my guesses meet my experiments.
Now, the waiting time in FDB / IntelliJ is the same than in FB, meaning divided by more than
11 in my case.

Does someone know more about the player mechanism to populate the Function metadatas ?

I'm about to clean my changes, open a ticket and propose this modified FDB for testing, any
objections ?

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS