flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject [FlexJS] JSHint errors
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:36:41 GMT
I just tried to clean up some of the JSHint warnings in the JS code we've
written for FlexJS.  The first thing I ran into was the way we declare
uninitialized variables.  An example is:

/**
 * @expose
 * @type {string}
 */
org.apache.flex.binding.BindingBase.prototype.sourceID;

The closure linter is ok with this, but JSHint complains, expecting an "="
and an initial value.  I can't find any documentation on what Closure says
is the right thing to do with uninitialized variables.  So, what should we
do?  Should we simply assign null or undefined?

-Alex