flex-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Checkins without JIRA's
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:02:36 GMT

On 1/10/14 6:17 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> Hmm. That wouldn't be my preference.  Do other projects do this?
>In general yes but each project is different and can do what they want
The framework is still pre-alpha and I would find it very difficult to
develop a new framework in a piecemeal fashion. While I have a general
goal (e.g., completing DataGridColumn) its very possible I'll run across
something else to fix or change that wasn't on the plan for the day. I can
see opening tickets post-alpha release. If other people want to help
develop the framework you would see more more traffic on the list as we
>>  JIRA is not my favorite tool.  Regarding history, the commit logs
>>should be sufficient.
>For people not familiar with the code or who are non technically that's a
>barrier to entry.
>> What kind of information are you really looking for?  Was it not clear
>> that I've been working on the installer and ant_on_air for a while now?
>It's clear but no idea what sort of progress has been made or what there
>is still to do on it. A JIRA with some sub tasks would make that a lot
>clearer eg exactly what done with the releases.
>Going forward updating the release notes using just the commit notes is a
>lot harder than using JIRA.
>As I said just a suggestion and IMO it would give more visibility and
>encourage a bit of decision / community - up to you.

View raw message