flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/develop] - remove try and catch to improve performance
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 05:08:35 GMT
Bummer.

Well in the Adobe days we'd put the code change behind a version flag.  I
never liked those flags if they controlled more than one code path because
you had to take all new code paths or none.

Lately I've put static flags in the class in question so you can change
the code paths that way.

So, if you create a getDataSafely() function with the try/catch in it and
hide that behind a flag then folks can revert back to old behavior if
necessary.

-Alex