flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Installer] Replacing RuntimeLocale.as
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:30:57 GMT
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> This question is probably best answered by Om, but I think it would be
> better to replace RuntimeLocale.as with a simple but extensible properties
> files that get loaded as needed based on the locale.  That way, new
> locales can be added without re-compiling the installer.  Is there some
> aspect of RuntimeLocale that will be hard to replace?
>
> My plan would be to:
>
> 1) convert RuntimeLocale.as to a set of Ant-compatible .properties files
> (id=string).
> 2) the installer would load the selected locale's .properties files and
> the en_US.properties from our website like we currently load
> sdk-installer-config.xml
>
> Thoughts?
> -Alex

This is what we had in the very first iteration.  But someone later (Erik,
perhaps?) added the RuntimeLocale.as file.  I am fine with either
approach.

Although, it would be nice to have an .as file with constants that look up
the .property file entries instead of spreading them around in code.  That
would help with code completion.

Also keep in mind that the flex-utilities/installerLocaleEditor app (built
by Roland Zwaga) that is used to create new locales for the Installer kind
of expects a certain class structure.  Again, it would be nice if we make
sure that we can continue to use this tool.

Thanks,
Om