flex-dev mailing list archives

From DarkStone <darkst...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: How does Flex compiler take advantage of the AIR 4 Improved Packaging Engine?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:54:02 GMT
Hi Alexander,

Thx for your answer, now the question I have is:

How to modify Flash Builder to enable "-useLegacyAOT no" by default?

Any help will be highly appreciated : )

DarkStone
2014-01-20

在 2014-01-20 17:03:58,"Alexander Doroshko" <alexander.doroshko@jetbrains.com> 写道:
>Hi,
>new “-useLegacyAOT no” is the option of ADT packaging tool. ADT is
>included in the Adobe AIR SDK. So it is related neither to Flex SDK, nor
>to Flex compiler, nor to ASC 2.0. Nothing prevents you from using the
>option when working with Flex SDK any version + AIR SDK 4.
>
>Alexander
>
>On 19.01.2014 20:16, 周 戈 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’ve just installed Flex 4.11 SDK with FP 12 & AIR 4 SDK using Flex SDK Installer
v2.7.0, I’m aware of that you can’t use “-useLegacyAOT no” as the argument for the
Flex compiler.

>> Well I think it’s because “-useLegacyAOT no” is introduced in the ASC 2 of
AIR 4 SDK, and the current Flex compiler does not use ASC 2 yet.

>> The problem is, packaging a Flex Mobile Project to the IPA format takes too long!
Even the simplest Flex Mobile Project will take 4-5 minutes to compile for packaging an IPA
file, that’s really painful : (

>> Is there a way to let Flex compiler take advantage of the AIR 4 Improved Packaging
Engine (which improves iOS packaging time up to 10 times over the previous packager)?
>> http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/release-note/fp_12_air_4_release_notes.html#new_features
>>
>> If this issue can be addressed, it will be a HUGE improvement for the Flex Mobile
platform, so exciting to hear from you guys : )