flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: How does Flex compiler take advantage of the AIR 4 Improved Packaging Engine?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:03:58 GMT
Hi,
new “-useLegacyAOT no” is the option of ADT packaging tool. ADT is
included in the Adobe AIR SDK. So it is related neither to Flex SDK, nor
to Flex compiler, nor to ASC 2.0. Nothing prevents you from using the
option when working with Flex SDK any version + AIR SDK 4.

Alexander

On 19.01.2014 20:16, 周 戈 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve just installed Flex 4.11 SDK with FP 12 & AIR 4 SDK using Flex SDK Installer
v2.7.0, I’m aware of that you can’t use “-useLegacyAOT no” as the argument for the
Flex compiler.

> Well I think it’s because “-useLegacyAOT no” is introduced in the ASC 2 of AIR
4 SDK, and the current Flex compiler does not use ASC 2 yet.

> The problem is, packaging a Flex Mobile Project to the IPA format takes too long! Even
the simplest Flex Mobile Project will take 4-5 minutes to compile for packaging an IPA file,
that’s really painful : (

> Is there a way to let Flex compiler take advantage of the AIR 4 Improved Packaging Engine
(which improves iOS packaging time up to 10 times over the previous packager)?
> http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/release-note/fp_12_air_4_release_notes.html#new_features
>
> If this issue can be addressed, it will be a HUGE improvement for the Flex Mobile platform,
so exciting to hear from you guys : )