flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: FDB vs FB debugging ?
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:26:36 GMT

> Btw, does it means the idea-fdb-fix will contains only the StringUtil / ExpressionCache
fixes now ?
Yes
> I didn't integrated this fix because you told me it is more an IDE thing and I didn't
look at it closely, what impact it would be to integrate it and using FDB standalone ?
The fix escapes special symbols and surrounds result with
"IDEA-ESCAPE-START" and "IDEA-ESCAPE-END", so that's not something that
can go to Apache repo.
The problem that is solves is to distinguish line break in fdb output
that means 'fdb message finished' from line breaks that are inside
printed string var value.
For example (using Java string syntax) "myString = a \n b" (with real
line break char) becomes "myString = IDEA-ESCAPE-STARTa \\n
bIDEA-ESCAPE-END" (without real line break char).
This is not a problem for command line fdb usage, but may be a big
problem for IDE. May be you can suggest a solution that works both for
IDE and command line.