flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: git commit: [flex-sdk] [refs/heads/develop] - FLEX-33904 memory fix
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 05:49:58 GMT
I believe that an object (IIRC it was called an activation object and not
a closure) is allocated for any try block.  I believe it tracks
information to handle the catching of the error.  But it could be that if
there is an empty catch block, it doesn't need that information and just
needs to stop propagation of the error.

Someday I'll try to look at the byte code and see what it is doing.

On 12/28/13 9:38 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Even curiouser  that happens even if the catch block isn't run. Ouch.
>Wonder if we could optimise that somehow?

View raw message