flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Alert bug
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 06:53:02 GMT
On 12/26/13 9:48 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>> Ugh.  So was that last patch applied on top of the prior patch?
>No that patch on what's in Git, just revert, apply the patch and it
>should be good.
I got 9 failures that way.  More images with "antialiasing" differences
that are probably subtle positioning changes, probably some small
difference between the cached textHeight and whatever the old "newHeight"
was. :-(

But the two that have "noticeable" differences definitely look better.

I'm wondering, is there a "key" change in this patch of six changes?  I'm
guessing it is this part: textWidth > prefWidth.  It looks like it forces
word-wrap if the text doesn't fit width-wise.

I took out the last set of changes (going back to newHeight) and got only
5 failures and the two noticeable differences are still in effect.  In
theory, the difference between getExplicitOrMeasuredHeight and
measuredHeight, if any, would be small.  It isn't clear that textHeight
really needs caching.  Theoretically, the Alert tries to pick a width
based on buttons and text then figures out the text height and unless
forcibly resized, will layout at that height.

View raw message