flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [Builds/Jenkins] Help and advise needed
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:13:09 GMT
The slave agents should load automatically upon restart... If not,
there are shortcuts to start it with all over the place ;-)

EdB

À : dev@flex.apache.org Objet : Re: [Builds/Jenkins] Help and advise needed

> I don't mind experiments on the Mustella VM, but remember we don't have a proper backup
in place.

> Our nr. 1 priority now, IMHO, must be to have reliable nightly builds in place, so any
contributors/third parties can get the Flex and FlexJS SDKs and have the latest and greatest.

> EdB
>

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com>
wrote:
>> 1) On this thread:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/bigosmallm/status/308466759130816512
>>
>> Kevin answering to Om says:
>>
>> " [pbutil] needs a window, I think, it is failing to initialize OpenGL. If you launch
it in a visible command window it may work".

>> So could it be something like Jenkins service permissions ?  Is the service running
as "Local system", and "Interact with desktop" checked ? or is it running on a dedicated account?

>> 2) what about experimenting on "our" mustella vm?
>> We could install pixel bender, and try the "pixel bender compile" with different
settings, see if we can reproduce the "AIF error".
>> Of course, that would temporarily break the mustella tests...
>>

>> Maurice

went away when the machine was properly set up and he couldn't reproduce it after that. This
made me think that the root cause might be with the machine setup and not with the Jenkins
config.

>> EdB
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com>
wrote:
>>> Ok, never mind.
>>>
>>> So what else could it be?
>>>
>>> Does someone know how to reproduce the "AIF Internal exception"   in pixel-bender
compiler ?

>>> Maurice

also stopped working on the ORIGINAL, supposedly untouched, machine.

>>> EdB

root folder, which means all the env variables are set through system properties.

as I would assume the Jenkins job was just copied over from the original windows machine.
A good first set would be to check the setup on both (if we can) and set that the environment
variable are the same on both and then ask if pixel bender has been installed on the second
machine in the same location.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27