flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: PixelBender and Builds.a.o
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:20:37 GMT
Your solution sounds good, and I like the "bring Linux up to par" part.

What I still can't figure out is why the builds stopped working
suddenly a week ago, with Gavin maintaining he never changed a thing.
Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. I hope Om gets his VM online
soon, so we can leave build@a.o behind us and maintain all aspects of
our CI ourselves.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Maurice, we have a pretty good idea of why Jenkins on builds.a.o
> is not able to build the Flex SDK.  Unfortunately, it isn't clear that
> infra knows how to fix it or can fix it given how they want to run that
> server.
> Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get access to the PB compiler source, but
> one person I talked to said that Alchemy-based shaders will outperform PB
> shaders.  So, one potential way to solve this problem is to replace our
> shaders with Alchemy shaders.  I have no idea how hard that would be.
> Anybody think they can do it quickly?
> Another option, which is a variant of what Maurice was proposing yesterday
> is that we quickly create an official release package that contains just
> the PBK files.  Then the corresponding convenience binary package would
> have the PBJ files.  We call this an upstream package that only is
> supported on Mac and Win.  We would not use CI for this release.
> Then we adjust the SDK build to use this upstream package.  This is make
> more official the workaround we are using for Linux and bring Linux up to
> par with Mac and Win.  Yes, the installer has to change as well, but
> hopefully I'll have new installer capability ready shortly anyway that
> should make it easier for us to make these changes.
> Thoughts?
> -Alex

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27